Mall Musings
So, because of teh internet my family left me again to go to mass so I just went after them by myself, hoping to find them there. We attend Sunday masses at the nearby mall, you know, they have those morning massess before mall hours officially start. And lo and behold, AM has reached another low... going to mass in a mall, alone and looking like a dork while searching for my grandma's distinguishable dyed grandma hair. I was 25 minutes late since I had to scrub yellow poster paint off my arms from the dance presentation yesterday. I could've just worn a sweater or a jacket so that I wouldn't be mistaken to have Hepatitis (or yellow fever...haha) but it was too hot.
And so I embarked on another journey with my trusty green leather flip flops, bag (which would probably be screaming for help if it could) and most worn pair of cut offs in the world (Even though every other person, Avril or non-Avril fan, is wearing a version of it... who cares?). Wait, mini rambling here. I noticed that people are suddenly wearing the same exact thing: any variation of cropped pants and flip flops/sandals. Nobody wore it then. Why? Not that I'm a selfish biatch who doesn't want other people wearing what I do (I encourage variety in what one wears, actually) but it just doesn't feel that special anymore, you know? But I doubt anyone would be wearing the same pair of green leather thongs (the footwear not the other, I believe to be, unwearable... thing) I have. *cackle* *wheeze* *cackle*
Back to the story... I bumped into our neighbor and asked them if they saw any of my family (just my mom and grandma actually) and said they didn't. Since I was already in front of the photo shop, I looked a bit on the prices of films even though I already know how much they are.
While looking for my family I decided to go to National Bookstore instead even though I only have P42.00 in my pocket. I browsed through the latest Time (the Republican Special Report) and found some good shots of Bush and something about surfing and where to learn how to surf. Luckily, Baler here in the Philippines was mentioned and I have set my mind then and there to go to Bay's Inn in Sabang Beach this Christmas vacation to finally learn how to ride waves.
Then, I went to the photography books corner and found the NatGeo photography field guide. Since I didn't have money I made a mental note to buy the People and Portraits field guide. Then I went to look for a book to give Neil as a late birthday present-early Christmas gift. I found "Hoot" by an author whose name I forgot (his last name starts with an H) which is actually an young adult read but it is hardly that. The presentation may well be that but the it's funny enough and I think it talks about more serious matters like politics, etc. Sounds like something from the comments printed on the book's back cover, huh? It actually is...only it was printed on the inside.
I decided it was time to go home after around 45 minutes of walking around. I bought a 12 oz melon shake, which was the only partly satisfying thing my money allowed me to obtain, and walked to the right wing exit to ride a jeep home. It was still early so obviously there was a longer line of jeepneys than the people. Actually, there were no people lining up. So I walked the length of 2 malls to the otherside, crossed the road to the other mall and road a jeep there. By that time I already finished my meager 12 oz of melon shake.
While walking the length of the mall I saw some eyebrow-arching things.
+ A Junior Jumbo Siopao. What the hell are those? Kind of contrasting. What the hell is a junior jumbo supposed to be? Confusing.
+ I saw a "life sized" hotdog pillow/balloon pillow with a topless Maui Taylor (with arms crossed over her top) printed on it. There are ""s on the life-sized because I firmly believe it is definitely taller than the real-life Maui Taylor. Disturbing. A Katya Santos one would've been more disturbing.
+ A poster of Dion from Star Struck for Walker Men's underwear. Equally disturbing.
+ I passed by House of Praise and they're praying... Stuck by Stacie Orico(sp?) Most Disturbing.
+ I passed by a certain "Weigh Less Center" in the newly constructed building. Ah. Weight loss advocates are no longer restricted to Internet and spam mail advertising and posting 3"x2" advertisements on lamp/Meralco posts in alleys or inside jeepneys. Not very disturbing.
+ And something I saw in the same mall yesterday (I just need to include it here). A fat gay kid wearing a black shirt with a red "Avril star" and white 'Avril' printed on it. My eyes popped out at the sight of it.
So. I have yet to finish a math problem set and study for a Chemistry long test plus if I can, read about electric potential for Physics since the long test is this Wednesday already. I need higher grades for college admissions. 2nd quarter grades are my last chance to boost my academics. (Bryn Mawr!!!)
The sun's nearly at its peak, it's not yet late to seize the day.
And so I embarked on another journey with my trusty green leather flip flops, bag (which would probably be screaming for help if it could) and most worn pair of cut offs in the world (Even though every other person, Avril or non-Avril fan, is wearing a version of it... who cares?). Wait, mini rambling here. I noticed that people are suddenly wearing the same exact thing: any variation of cropped pants and flip flops/sandals. Nobody wore it then. Why? Not that I'm a selfish biatch who doesn't want other people wearing what I do (I encourage variety in what one wears, actually) but it just doesn't feel that special anymore, you know? But I doubt anyone would be wearing the same pair of green leather thongs (the footwear not the other, I believe to be, unwearable... thing) I have. *cackle* *wheeze* *cackle*
Back to the story... I bumped into our neighbor and asked them if they saw any of my family (just my mom and grandma actually) and said they didn't. Since I was already in front of the photo shop, I looked a bit on the prices of films even though I already know how much they are.
While looking for my family I decided to go to National Bookstore instead even though I only have P42.00 in my pocket. I browsed through the latest Time (the Republican Special Report) and found some good shots of Bush and something about surfing and where to learn how to surf. Luckily, Baler here in the Philippines was mentioned and I have set my mind then and there to go to Bay's Inn in Sabang Beach this Christmas vacation to finally learn how to ride waves.
Then, I went to the photography books corner and found the NatGeo photography field guide. Since I didn't have money I made a mental note to buy the People and Portraits field guide. Then I went to look for a book to give Neil as a late birthday present-early Christmas gift. I found "Hoot" by an author whose name I forgot (his last name starts with an H) which is actually an young adult read but it is hardly that. The presentation may well be that but the it's funny enough and I think it talks about more serious matters like politics, etc. Sounds like something from the comments printed on the book's back cover, huh? It actually is...only it was printed on the inside.
I decided it was time to go home after around 45 minutes of walking around. I bought a 12 oz melon shake, which was the only partly satisfying thing my money allowed me to obtain, and walked to the right wing exit to ride a jeep home. It was still early so obviously there was a longer line of jeepneys than the people. Actually, there were no people lining up. So I walked the length of 2 malls to the otherside, crossed the road to the other mall and road a jeep there. By that time I already finished my meager 12 oz of melon shake.
While walking the length of the mall I saw some eyebrow-arching things.
+ A Junior Jumbo Siopao. What the hell are those? Kind of contrasting. What the hell is a junior jumbo supposed to be? Confusing.
+ I saw a "life sized" hotdog pillow/balloon pillow with a topless Maui Taylor (with arms crossed over her top) printed on it. There are ""s on the life-sized because I firmly believe it is definitely taller than the real-life Maui Taylor. Disturbing. A Katya Santos one would've been more disturbing.
+ A poster of Dion from Star Struck for Walker Men's underwear. Equally disturbing.
+ I passed by House of Praise and they're praying... Stuck by Stacie Orico(sp?) Most Disturbing.
+ I passed by a certain "Weigh Less Center" in the newly constructed building. Ah. Weight loss advocates are no longer restricted to Internet and spam mail advertising and posting 3"x2" advertisements on lamp/Meralco posts in alleys or inside jeepneys. Not very disturbing.
+ And something I saw in the same mall yesterday (I just need to include it here). A fat gay kid wearing a black shirt with a red "Avril star" and white 'Avril' printed on it. My eyes popped out at the sight of it.
So. I have yet to finish a math problem set and study for a Chemistry long test plus if I can, read about electric potential for Physics since the long test is this Wednesday already. I need higher grades for college admissions. 2nd quarter grades are my last chance to boost my academics. (Bryn Mawr!!!)
The sun's nearly at its peak, it's not yet late to seize the day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home